Re: SSH

That's because the US crypto export laws were relaxed  _somewhat_
since RH6.1 was released.

On 19 May 2000, at 18:55, Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel wrote:

> Well the Readhat version that I have 6.0 doesn't come with ssh
> installed on it so I had to get it from ssh.com.
>
> just do a "rpm -qa |grep ssh" (without the quotes of course) to see
> whether any ssh rpm is installed on our system...and if it is not you
> can get ssh from ssh.com

If you are running anything less that 6.2, the above command will
report nothing found.

Actually a better place would be www.openssh.com, this version is
free for both home/educational use AND commercial useage. As of last
week it also supports the SSH2 protocol.  You'll need to download the
"portable" version as the version that is direct off the webpage is
the BSD version.