X-win32 and dhcp?

so i'm running x-win32 (xterminal program for windows)
i setup dhcp on my linux box.

X-win32 works _fine_ IFF i put in an entry of the win2000 box in my /etc/hosts
file

but i'd really rather not do this because i'm running dhcp and the ip could
change (in practice, it actually hasn't changed in about 3 months heh)

if i take the line out of /etc/hosts,i get
10.0.0.1: Where are you?

where 10.0.0.1 is my linux box, _not_ even my win2000 box.

FYI, x-win32 is running rexec to run a script to open up my xterm

any thoughts? suggestions? ideas?

=====
Eric Farng