RE: Problem with local on Redhat 6.2 ?

Could the reason be that your connection has not completed resulting in the firewall not
starting up?
-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Kellogg [mailto:crazyed sunlink net]
Sent: Sunday, 21 May 2000 7:36
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: Problem with local on Redhat 6.2 ?

Hi all,

I am having a problem with the rc.local script. In previous installations Local was the last service (script) to be loaded before the login screen. Because of this fact, most firewalling books that I have read requires the script to be placed in rc.local. RedHat 6.2 does NOT load local on bootup (my firewalling script does not initialize, and it checks out with a manual run). I was wondering is there something I am missing (service being started etc ) ? any help would be appriciated

Ed