Access Denied for user web directories

Good Morning,

	I have a simple problem and with a newborn due any day, i'm not thinking too clearly. For some reason, my user web directories are unaccessable to the general public. My main directory is fine, but all the user directories are not. Does anyone know what the permissions should be set at for the public_html directory? I tried 750, 751, and 755. Maybe i'm thinking completely wrong, but I thought it was something along those lines.

TIA,

Peter Robie
Email: rewt onedotslash com
Owner / WebMaster - OneDotSlash.com
Documentation is the castor oil of programming.
Managers know it must be good because their
programmers hate it so much.