routing snafus

I brought back from the dead an old 486 machine with 20 MB RAM.
Installed RH 6.1 with the aid of a cdrom. Install went smoothly. eth0
configured (ifconfig eth0 confirms this) But I am having routing
troubles.

when I do route add default gw 206.211.90.10 eth0 I get a message:

SIOCADDRT: file exists

And when I do a route command,  the output hangs, never completes, even
after 5 minutes, I have to cancel with ^C. It always hangs after
displaying the lo IFace

Is there a way of deleting all entries in the routing table and starting
from scratch?

I tried configuring things with linuxcong and netconf: When I activate
changes there is an error with /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S50inet .. takes too long
and Linuxconf adds "That's odd." Odd indeed. Any insights would be
appreciated.

Nabeel S. Kandah
nkandah ipass net