RE: telnet and ftp are VERY slow!

David

Check your /etc/hosts file. You probably already have the host name and IP
address of the local computer.  Add the host name and address of the
destination computer.  This need to be done on both computers.  Example

computer 1 /etc/hosts file

127.0.0.1		localhoast	localhoast.localdomain
123.45.55.67	computer1	computer1.something.com
122.44.55.667	computer2   computer2.something.com

computer 2 /etc/hosts file
127.0.0.1		localhoast	localhoast.localdomain
122.44.55.667	computer2   computer2.something.com
123.45.55.67	computer1	computer1.something.com

Remember these are only examples and you must be logged in as su or root to
make changes.  After completing this, still logged in as su or root, you
will probably need to restart inet and network as so on both machines.

/etc/rc.d/init.d/inet restart
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart

best of luck.

Jim