Re: LILO Boots NT, Win & Linux

Rizwan Mohammad wrote:

> Hello Leonard, (and others)
>                          NT and Win98 is on the first scsi device i.e. /dev/sda
> and RH linux 6.1 is on /dev/sdb. Here Nt had already overwritten the MBR of
> /dev/sda (the first disk when we already had win98) and created a prompt to load
> either win or NT. After installing lilo on the the same /dev/sda LILO had two
> os one linux and the other dos. When we select dos from the LILO prompt it
> hands over control to NT and the normal prompt of win or NT appears and the
> rest is usual.

After installing and running NT, if I install Linux and ask for LILO to
be in MBR of /dev/sda, it overwrite NT loader and hangs after "LI" - so
nothing boots. I have to use fdisk /mbr to get again NT at least. If I
put an linux entry with the BOOTPART etc, into NT's loader it says: no
system disk or not bootable disk or sth like that (when I choose Linux
to boot). Any idea?

Misko