RE: Linux slower than Windows98

On Mon, 22 May 2000 Kevin_Saenz dell com wrote:

> > Can you write me what services i can stop ?
> > I have home computer, not network, not isdn, only Internet,
> > sound, joystick
> > and printer.
> > Where i can found the description of the services ? Thank's
> >
> in a terminal window you can run setup
> go to system services deactivate the following

<snip>
> sendmail

Hang on Don't disable that! Since the originator of this thread mentioned
that he uses the internet I think that he should leave sendmail on..as
many standard UNIX/Linux apps use sendmail for mail delivery..

> If anyone knows of other services please add them

identd

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)