Re: DNS type

> So why does my version of Linux (6.1) has both files...
> Does that bring any kind of trouble..
> What files are necesary for each kind of bind...

As I said you will be using named.conf, both these files
are provided by the caching-nameserver rpm to give people
a starting file depending what verson of bind they are going to
use. The older named.boot is there for backward compatibility
to show people the differences in the configuration files.

Again from this point named is the actual program that runs
and when you read the named.conf file you will see default
zone files are called named.cache and named.local. That is your
starting point, from there it is on to reading.
Oerhaps you may want to clarify why you want to run DNS considering that
your knowledge level is at just starting. You really need to start
your reearch now as well.

Henri

"Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy." Adam Carrola