Re: no valid devices found

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Jade Rubick wrote:

-=>I'm installing Redhat 6.2 on a Dell Dimension XPS T600 (desktop system).
-=>
-=>I ordered the linux CD from Redhat.
-=>
-=>1. I boot from floppy
-=>2. The graphical install pops up
-=>3. I answer questions about the mouse, etc... until it asks which type of
-=>install I want.
-=>4. I select KDE workstation and click next
-=>5. Error message: "An error has occured - no valid devices were found on
-=>which to create new filesystems. Please check your hardware for the cause of
-=>this problem"

You must use FDISK to remove all partitions. Linux doesn't like NTFS or
FAT32 partitions for installation. They could be mounted later if you
wish, however.  You need a GIG or 2 to install RH6.2 though I've done 5.2
and 6.1 in around 850MB.

-=>
-=>Any help here?
-=>
-=>
-=>I would really really appreciate some help here. I just want to get the
-=>f***ing thing running so I can get some work done on it!

Even inferred profanity is very much NOT welcome on this list, IMHO.

Karl

-=>
-=>Jade
-=>