SMP error at bootime

All,

I've installed RedHat 6.2 on an HP Vectra XU 6/200, a dual Pentium Pro
200 box. When rebooting the first time in SMP mode, I receive the error
message:

<being cut>
Enabling IO-APIC IRQs
... changing IO-APIC physical APIC ID to 16
Kernel Panic: could not set ID
Inswapper task - not syncing
<end cut>

I checked the SMP-howto, and it said to try using the boot options
"noapic" and/or "reboot=bios". The only quesiton I have is what is the
proper syntax for entering these options in the lilo.conf file?

Mark Turczan
mturczan nyp org

begin:vcard
n:Turczan;Mark