RE: Still Kppp permission problems

On 23-May-00 Pastor Robert Cox opined:
> I used the "chmod 4755 /usr/bin/kppp" but still get the following in a
> terminal window...

> Xlib: client is not authorized to connect to Server
> kppp: client cannot connect to X server :0
>
> help would sure be appreciated here.

Check to see if you have a kppp in /usr/sbin or not. I just found one there
and ran it from the commandline as ordinary user. It worked after setting
it suid.

I also ls-l the one in /usr/bin and found it linked to something called
console-helper or somesuch. Calling that asked me for the root password.

I don't know if what I have is weird or normal. But, I have kppp in both
places.

---
A closed mouth gathers no feet.