Re: Kppp help on 6.2

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Pastor Robert Cox wrote:

> Since no response I'll re-ask...
>
> I upgraded to RH6.2 from 6.1. My dialer worked good before. Now I don't
> have permission to access the "xserver" for some reason.
> I tried "chmod 4755 /usr/bin/kppp" but still no go
>
> The initial request for root password comes up, then nothing opens. It
> works if I "su" first in a terminal, then type "kppp"

Could you please do a ls -la `which kppp` and tell what the output is...

For example mine is..
-rwsr-xr-x   1 root     root         357k Apr 19  1999 /usr/bin/kppp

> Any help guys and gals?

Please make sure that you su root in a terminal *then* run chmod 4755
/usr/bin/kppp and that the user and groups of it are root...

I have RH 6.0 and the above worked ...

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)