Re: destination host unreachable

> Nabeel Kandah
> nkandah ipass net
> http://southern.dhs.org/

Next question,

1.) can the other machine ping, traceroute to the defective machine?
This determines if the network/hardware layer is working. If the
other machine cant get to you it could be routing/cabling/NIC card.

2.) have you checked for any error messages, do a /etc/rc.d.init.d/network restart and watch for any errors on screen and in var/log/messages.

3.) if you made any changes did restart the interface ifdown eth0/ifup eth0

4.) I dont recall, but did you use linuxconf?

5.) in your next post why dont you include the contents of your following
files

/etc/hosts
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/sysconfig/network

Feel free to email me directly, I have a 6 machine intranet at home and
will be up most of the night.

Henri