RE: Nothing works - Apache doesn't work in 6.2

what install did you select when installing RH6.2?

what do you get when you show the list of processors?
i.e
ps ax
even try
ps ax|grep httpd

have you install inetd? do you have your portmap running?
I can't answer your ip conflict if your are positive you have
given the right ip address to the the right machine.

It looks like your httpd.conf file is a little screwy.
in my httpd.conf my structure is like

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "/home/httpd/html">
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
   Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /icons/ "/home/httpd/icons/"

<Directory "/home/httpd/icons">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

What was wrong with the default httpd.conf file?
I would also check the ownership of the directories under httpd