Filtering IP's from ftp.log

Hi folks,

I was hoping somebody could help me here.  I'm running an ftp server
(proftpd) and I'm trying to limit the number of times an IP can login
under a given l/p to one.  The way I'm trying to do this is to look
through /var/log/ftp.log and find the IP's that have logged in using the

username "one".  I've tried using less and grep to return the IP, but I
can only get it to return the whole line that contains the IP.  I have
kinda looked into using sed, but I don't know much about script writing.

 So here is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish (any help would be
much appreciated).  Somehow I'd like to get the IP's (from the log) that

have logged in under the name "one" and place those IP's in my
proftpd.conf in a certain spot.  I don't have the skills to do this, but

I'm thinking maybe use less and grep to return the whole line, then use
a sed script to extract the IP and put it in proftpd.conf.  Make sense?

This is the output I get from less ftp.log | grep one

May 23 17:25:26 CR879194-B proftpd[1681] CR879194-B (domain[IP]): Anon
one: Login Successful.

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

Paul Nielson
pnielson interchange ubc ca