Lost eth0 on Redhat 6.1

My machine no longer recognizes eth0.  I've tried using linuxconf and
netconfig to reconfigure it, but it still does'nt get recognized at boot up.
When doing a ifconfig -a only lo shows up.  I checked all the hardware, it's
fine.  Could it be that the drivers for eth0 are corrupt???  The machine was
working fine until it was rebooted.  Any ideas???

Kanchana

Kanchana Garcia
Senior UNIX System Administrator,
Sycamore Networks