Re: Lost eth0 on Redhat 6.1

Hi Kanchana,
                    I have had ethernet problems from time to time. Sometimes
there are special statements that must be in /etc/conf.modules. I had to add
what my driver was for the network card and also the cards I/O address.
Sometimes you have to put in the irq also. I try to save my critical
configuration files on a floppy or another driver or computer to use as
reference.  My Redhat 6.1 statement for an NE2000 ethernet card  in
/etc/conf.modules is: alias eth0 ne2k-pci
  For my 486 machine Debian 2.1 and an isa NE2000 card:
alias eth0 ne
options ne io=0x300 irq=11
All the values are specific to your card. There was the suggestion
that you do lsmod and see what modules are loaded. If your
module is not loaded load it manually with modprobe modulename
Sometimes one module interferes with another or is dependent on
another. Like there seems to be another module that is involved
Like on my 486 its the module 8390 which has to work with the
ne module and if one seems to have to be loaded before the other
You may know all this, but I thought if you didn't it might help.

                                                        Mike