Re: Iomega Zip installation (post-RTFM)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Andrew Eichmann wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 06:07:26AM -0400, NS Kandah wrote:
>
> I tried this and got the same results....
>
> Is there a way of checking if the kernel is compiled with zip support?
> I didn't have to recompile last time, and I figured it was a default thing
> now.
>
> I have kernel 2.2.12-20, if that matters.
>
> Andrew

I use the same kernel version, and an out-of-the-box install of RH 6.1 did
not include, at least for my machine, the scsi emulation needed for zip
drive support. I had to recompile the kernel. There
are some great howtos on getting this device to work and on recompiling a
kernel.
Either way I am convinced that that simple line is immensely important for
anything connected to a parallel port on you computer.

Nabeel