Re: Nothing works - Apache doesn't work in 6.2

>I suspect linuxconf is messing around with the settings (or it could be an
>installation script), so get the original file from the RPM and work the
>parameters by hand.  Make backup copies of the file as you work it out.  The
>original file is also very well commented and follows a logic progression,
>once you edit it with linuxconf you sometimes lose part of that.

Yes it is!

I've have no problem when I configure Apache by hand. If I use linuxconf
for this it writes this "<Files ~>" to the httpd.conf and after that none
of the documents under the /whatever/htdocs/ tree are available any
longer (you have a '403' error).

My 'quick'n dirty' solution was editing back the httpd.conf by hand...
Linuxconf is cool but...

Regards,
Tom

Tomas Garcia Ferrari