Trouble installing NIC...

I'm having trouble installing an Intel Etherexpress Pro/10 ISA NIC in a P133 box with RedHat 6.1. The install initially goes fine, but does not auto detect the NIC (which I think is okay). I then go into LinuixConf (I think that's what it was) in Gnome and tell it the IP, GW, Subnetmask, computer name, etc. I tell it use eepro.o for the NIC. I didn't set the base io or IRQ as it said optional for those (but I think it may be part of the problem).

When I boot it all works fine until it tries to initialise eth0 where the system halts. (no FAILED message, just stops doing anything there)

Any ideas?

- Jordan.