RE: Windows98 and linux on one large disk

Thomas or others,

Your suggestion sounds reasonable.  I've tried it and ...

OK, after using linux fdisk to create a FAT32 partition, Windows98 doesn't
seem to "recognize" it.  Normally one would create a logical drive (with
associated drive letter) using DOS fdisk and then format this.  Am I missing
something here; how do I assign a logical drive (letter) to this newly
created partition so that Windows98 can recognize it to be formatted?