Re: Running make gives cc: command not found error

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Mike Muscato wrote:

> It appears that the missing "cc" is my problem but not sure how to deal with
> it.In looking around at some different lists I'm guessing that "cc" is one
> of the compiler routines that has to be loaded.

Wrong, cc is the C compiler (gcc)..so you must install the gcc compppiler
and the libc libraries as well.

The libc libraries are the glibc*.rpm 's  and thus I think you should have
selected in the setup the option for installing the C development packages
etc...

Once you install gcc the cc will be a link to gcc which is the actual
compiler...

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)