Re: Keyboard Issues

On Tue, 23 May 2000 18:00:24 -0500, Technical Support wrote:

>I'm having Some trouble with RHL6.1 and my POS Computer.
>The system board is an Acer AP5C 94145-2
>
>What happens is, during install the keyboard works fine.
>After the reboot, when the logon prompt comes up, the keyboard stops working. *None* of the keys work.
>The BIOS is set to look or the keyboard and halt the POST if it can't find it, but the POST runs just fine.
>
>Anyone have any ideas? I'm about ready to throw the whole thing out the window.

Is it perhaps a USB keyboard?  The BIOS is only used during the initial
phase of loading; once the kernel starts to load it switches the processor
into protected mode and loads protected mode drivers to handle the system
devices, including the keyboard.  IIRC, RH6.1 does not support USB devices
out of the box.

John (john thompson attglobal net)