Fat is supported in linux, right?

I tried searching the archives and couldn't find it.  I wanted to know
how much does linux support FAT(16)?  I know it doesn't support FAT32,
only FAT16.  I have about 30 gigs of HD space that is formatted to the
FAT filesystem (4gig per partition)  I want to dump windows and just run
from linux.  I know I should convert it to linux's filesystem
eventually, but for right now will it work with FAT16?

--
Todd Eddy
tristar raex com