Re: LILO Boots NT, Win & Linux; Sample lilo.conf

		Hi Miro and all,

> If I put
> an linux entry with the BOOTPART etc, into NT's loader it says: no
> system disk or not bootable disk or sth like that (when I choose Linux
> to boot).

 If you use the method as described in the Lilo/NT mini-HOWTO you first
 have
to write lilo to the bootsector of your choosing (not the MBR of the
bootdisk if NT uses it), and after that copy the bootsector to NT.

> Could you please send me your /etc/lilo.conf file(s) to get some
> details.

 OK, here is an example lilo.conf I use on a SCSI/IDE system, which boots
 from
SCSI. You use the bios= option to identify the disk order. I didn't use
the option when I only used SCSI drives (before I put the IDE disk in),
but it doesn't harm to specify the disk order anyway. If you have a
IDE/SCSI system and you boot from HD you'll call the HD 0x80 and the SD
0x81 or something like that.(For people with funny bioses, you probably
need this option if you don't boot from the first HD/SD as well.)

# Sample lilo.conf
# uncommenting linear might help with large disks
#linear
# the bios is set to boot from SCSI instead of IDE
disk=/dev/sda
    bios=0x80
disk=/dev/sdb
    bios=0x81
disk=/dev/hda
    bios=0x82
boot=/dev/sda
map=/boot/map
message=/boot/message
prompt
timeout=100
# allow booting with options only if the password is provided
# this disallows users to boot into single user mode
password=xxxxxxxx
restricted
# RedHat 6.0 on sdb1, win and test are not actually used
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
 label=linux
 root=/dev/sdb1
# I need the initrd.img because I need the SCSI driver at boot time!
 initrd=/boot/initrd.img
 read-only
other=/dev/sda1
 label=win