Re: HOWTO?

leonardjo hetnet nl wrote:

>                 Hi all!
>
>  Question for the people at RedHat: I was wondering, why has the howto
>  package
> dissappeared from the CD in release 6.2? I can imagine there's not enough
> place for howto's in all languages on the (first) CD, but please put back
> in the english howto in the next release.
>  Tip for people who never used Linux or RedHat before release 6.2: Get
> yourself the howto-6.#-#.noarch.rpm from 6.1 or 6.0 from ftp.redhat.com or
> a mirror site (find mirrors at www.redhat.com/mirrors.html). It contains a
> LOT of usefull information and it might just answer your question.
>
>                                 CU,
>
>                                 Leonard.

Leonard

You are correct, the Howto documents was not included on the 6.2 cd.  I
am sure that this a an oversight on RedHat part.  I am using the howto
documents from my 6.1 cd, since they are fairly recent.  The file needed
is howto*.rpm

If you dont have the 6.1 cd, you can download it from the redhat ftp
site or one of its mirrors.

Jim