RE: network unreachable

On 28-May-2000 Ilocto Noel-C1395z opined:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to connect Linux and Win95.
>
> Eth0 is detected but using "ping 127.0.0.1" command I receive Network
> Unreachable.

If you mean 127.0.0.1 from the linux side, the loopback module isn't
getting loaded. Try:

        /sbin/insmod loop

It might require:

        /sbin/insmod loop; /sbin/ifconfig lo up

See if that helps. If not look in /lib/modules/<kernel_version>/block and
see if it has a module named loop.o in there. If not, something either
erased it or you recompiled the kernel without the loopback support it
needs.

That would be my guess. Of course, this was written relatively quickly and
I may have overlooked something.

--
How do you explain Wayne Newton's power over millions.