Matrox Millennium Modelines

I apologize if this is a repeat of a question I recently posted, but I
never did see the posting appear on redhat-install-list.  Can someone tell
me whether subscribers to this list receive a copy of their own postings?
If not, how can I change my settings?  The "info" from the listserver
doesn't say anything about changing settings.

My question concerns modelines for a Matrox Millennium 8 Mb video card.
The modelines that XConfigurator set up don't work.  I've tried to get
good modelines by using xvidtune, but can't get the screen sized and
centered.

The crux of the problem is that although I can get the displayable area of
the screen sized and centered okay, part of the desktop is always off the
edge and I have to pan to it.

Does anyone have a suggestion about why the size of my desktop doesn't
match the displayable area?  Or does anyone have any working modelines for
a Matrox Millennium (being used with NEC multisync monitor) that they
could send me to try?  What I most need is a good modeline for 1024x768 at
85 Hz or better.

Thanks for any help on this.

Dennis Webb
webbd cais com

MR/2 Internet Cruiser Edition running on OS/2 Warp