Re: Trouble installing NIC...

Jordan, I just went throught the same thing with the same adapter this
morning on a new install of 6.2 (2.2.14-5.0)...  here's basically what it
came down to:

First, I booted a DOS disk and ran softset2.exe and configured the
EtherExpress Pro for IRQ3 (COM2), I/O 0x200h.  I originally had the adapter
configured and functioning perfectly in an NT Server under IRQ 5, but since
it works now on 3, I ain't gonna temp Fate!!  ;-)

Second, I booted the linux partition and hit the 'I' key to get into
Interactive mode.  When the networking modules came up, I just answered 'No'
to load them (that gets around the bloody locking problem).

Third, I edited the /etc/conf.modules file (which originally didn't have an
eth0 device entry in it) with the following:
alias eth0 eepro
options irq=0 io=0x200

Finally, I rebooted, and (miracle of miracles!) everything came up
perfectly!!  Please note that I'd already configured the networking with
/bin/netconf, so all of the IP and machine name stuff was already
configured.

Hope this helps!! :)

SteveB