help ! partition problems

Hi,

I tried to install Redhat6.2 on a Dell Optiplex GX1 turning already with
Windows NT4. Unfortunately, the installation failed !. Only WinNT is
re-booting. No LILO appears, and booting with the boot diskette gives me
the following error message : error 0x10.
I wonder if I have made a mistake in the partitionning of my 13Go hard drive.
My partition table is (using fdisk):

/tmp/hda1	1	261	...	6	FAT16
/tmp/hda2        *	262	1018	...	7	HPFS/NTFS
/tmp/hda3	1019	1230	...	83	Linux
/tmp/hda4	1231	1662	...	5	Extended
/tmp/hda5	1231	1270	...	82	Linux Swap
/tmp/hds6		1271	1662	...	7	HPFS/NTFS

My questions are the following :

1) Does the all linux /root partition must be completely below cylinder 1024 ?
2) What type of "extended" partition do I have to choose if I want to have
both linux and HPFS/NTFS partitions in it ?
3) Does WinNT imply specific actions during installation ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Pierre