Re: linux and toshiba laptop

to do a file system check use the command fsck (you might have to type
/sbin/fsck) then append the name of the partition yu wish to check to the
command. So if the boot log tells you to check manually hda6 do /sbin/fsck hda6

You can get these problems if you power off while the system is running.

For X on a Toshiba you dont need special drivers, you "just" need to get the
config right. Look in your user manual that came with the box to get the
settings of the monitor under various resolutions and then read the Video
Timings HOWTO.

reader newsguy com on 28/05/2000 13:54:38

Please respond to redhat-install-list redhat com