Re: mpg123 decoding

Art Ross wrote:

> I've been working with gRigEnc and bladeenc to rip and create MP3's from

[Offtopic] You should really read http://www.r3mix.net, especially the
"Analysis" parts. The _only_ ripper for Linux that is of sufficient
quality is cdparanoia, and the only encoder that is good enough is LAME.

> the different tracks.  Now I'm trying to develop the expertise to take
> downloaded MP3's and decode them and burn them onto a audio CD.
>   I'm working with RH6.2 and have RH6.2 Powertools on another CD so I
> have installed both mpg123 and cdrecord.  Is there a method by which I
> could use mpg123 and pipe the decoded output to the cdrecord
> application?  Or is it better to create a decoded output from the mpg123
> app then start cdrecord and select a list of decoded music files that I
> want to burn to a ROM?

As far as I know, there is no way to pipe the output of mpg123 to
cdrecord. You must first decode it, then run cdrecord. Read the
cdrecord(1) man page for details.