Re: mount: RPC: program not registered

> Hello, the subject say it all. I want mount a partition from solaris
> to linux 6.1 and i only get the error message RPC: Program not registered.
> What's wrong. The partition is shared and nfsd and mountd are both running.

Assuming the message is coming from the RedHat box it means that a
service a the other end is not running or something is wrong with
the exports file. Is portmap running on the solaris box?

I normally get this error mesage when I try to mount something
on one side and forgot to start nfs. I run nfs manually on demand.

Hope This Helps

Henri