Re: Maxtor 40GB

"Riddle, Eddie R." wrote:

> Isn't a cylinder 512k so the 1024 cylinder limit is 524Mb limit, which
> should be sufficient to install Windows?

There is no set "size" of a cylinder.  Different drives and BIOSes
combine to do translation (or not) and the result is you really
have to check out each combo and see.

Perhaps someone more familiar with LBA, etc. could elaborate
on a formula for this, but I don't know of any standards personally.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com