RE: Maxtor 40GB

My suggestion of a 512k as a size for a cylinder is just that, a suggestion
for some common drives.  This is a typical size for many drives.  Besides,
determining the 1024 cylinder limit is a common area of mistakes for those
attempting dual boots, which was the original concern of this thread.
A cylinder corresponds to a "single line" of information that may be written
around the disk and may vary from disk to disk and from manufacturer to
manufacturer, but 512k is the most common in my limited experience.