Re: General Linux Questions

  Hallo Pierre,

> /tmp/hda3	1019	1230	...	83	Linux

> 1) Does the all the linux /root partition must be completely below
> cylinder 1024 ?

Can you tell whether /boot/* is below 1024? That is the point. It could be
anywhere on the partition. Make a /boot partition below 1024, and stretch
the extended forward.

> 2) What type of "extended" partition do I have to choose if I want to
> have both linux and HPFS/NTFS partitions in it ?

 Are there different extended partitions? If so check for LBA ((FAT32)).

> 3) Does WinNT imply specific actions during installation ?

 Not really, do(nt) wipe it. For booting check the other threads and/or
NT/lilo-mini-howto.

     Bye,

     Leonard.