Re: Telnet

> I installed RH and I was able to telnet into my box the first few tries and after rebooting at least twice without making any changes I'm not able to telnet now. How can I enable (force) telnet once again?

First let me get the comedy away with. Who told you to reboot, what
do you think this is, Windows? <grin>

OK. Now that I got that out.
1.) What version of RH?
2.) What kind of install(server/workstation/KDE/Gnome/Custom)
3.) Try telnet localhost at the console, what happens?
4.) Where were you telneting from?
5.) Is inetd running? Installed? tcpwrappers?
6.) Have you checked /var/log/messages for any errors?
7.) Is your routing correct /sbin/ifconfig & /sbin/route
8.) Do you have any cats or dogs? Look for knocked loose/chewed
    network cables.

Register Linux User #142063  http://counter.li.org
ICANN Large Member #202260   http://www.icann.org
Founding Member of Something or the Other.