SV: SV: Unable to install - black screen

Thanks! What you wrote does make a lot of sense. At least now I understand
what is going on, and I have started backing things up!!
I guess I was under the impression that Linux had a hard time dealing with
PCI card (for example, pci modems), but this of course would not necessarily
include PCI graphic cards.
Yes, there are places where we can test hardware here in Denmark, but they
are rather expensive, so I will try to find someone who has a computer with
an AGP slot, that way I can see if the problem is the card or the slot. I
sure hope it's the card!
The place where I usually buy computer parts doesn't have Trident Graphic
cards. They do however have the Matrox Millenium G200 PCI graphic card - I
believe that is one of the cards that does work right off with Linux. I may
also actually have someone I know go to Frys (in California) and buy a card
for me - it would probably be cheaper (even with postage!) than buying it
here in Denmark!

Thanks for your help, cross your fingers it's the card and not the slot on
the MB!
Marie-Thérèse