laptop with nt domain

I have a laptop I use for work and home. At work I connect to a TCP/IP
lan via an NT domain. I  use DHCP to have an ip address. At home I have
a LAN that has a linux machine and two windows 98 machines using windows
for workgroup. I have the DHCP daemon running on the linux box (Redhat
6.2). The two windows 98 machines get assigned an ip address from the
linux box. But the NT laptop doesnot. Why? Is it because it was assigned
an ip address at work and will not accept an ip address unless it is
attached to an NT domain?