Re: mount problem (urgent!!)

Tom's response is certainly correct.  Just for some explaination...

'tar' (which I believe even stood for "Tape ARchive") does not write
a "filesystem" in the conventional sense.  It writes only in one long
stream (for tapes).  Thus, a tarred backup is only read by tar.  You
simply don't mount it.

You could also have formatted the floppy with a filesystem and
mounted it, but then you would've been using 'cp', not 'tar'.
I hope that clears things up.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com