Re: netboot.img & Davicomm integrated ethernet

I have RH6.2.  If you don't have it, I would suggest
upgrading if this is your first install and not just
adding the card.  I have the same card and dmfe is
already integrated into the kernel.  All I did was
typed 'insmod dmfe' then set an IP and gateway for it
using ifconfig.  Then, in linuxconf when it asks you
what module to use, just type in 'dmfe'.

That worked for me,
     Derek

--- Jason Boerner <JasonBoerner netscape net> wrote:
> I have a new 599 Motherboard with an integrated
> Davicom 9102 ethernet
> interface. I would like to install using netboot.img
> but I can not figure out
> how to load the device driver for the ethernet card.
> I used a seperate machine
> to build the driver dmfe.c and now have a .o file
> that I should be able to do
> an insmod on and presto; the FTP install can just
> run off and do it's thing.
>
> Unfortunetly I have no idea (nor have the archives
> helped me) figure out
> how to load this driver. I understand that RedHat
> linux has the concept of a
> driver disk which I can use by going into the expert
> mode of setup but just
> having the .o file does not seem to be enough. It
> would appear that I somehow
> need to turn this loadable module into some kind of
> "driver archive" or
> conform to some type of special layout.
>
> I'm stuck... Your help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank You

> Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account
> today at http://webmail.netscape.com.
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822 name=Forwarded
Message