Re: CD-Writing questions.

> Francisco Gonzalez wrote:
>
> I just installed a RH 5.2 whose PC had previously installed a HP
> CD-Writer 7100i and when I was trying to use this peripheral all the
> documentation talk about SCSI's drives using cdrecord or cdwriter but
> this is an IDE. Is there an application that handle IDE drives ?

Not directly as such, no.  However, you can configure
your kernel (or load the proper modules) to allow you
to effectively treat your IDE devices as SCSI devices
by enabling SCSI emulation.  You will also need generic
SCSI device support (not disk or tape, but generic).

If you haven't already read it, you need to check out:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com