Re: hdparm settings

On  Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Stephen Torri said the following magic words,

> How do I make hdparm settings for my hard drives permanent? Right now I
> must login as root or su to change the settings. There is a marked
> difference from the default settings and the new settings.

Add the command to /etc/rc.d/rc.local which is executed once at every
boot.

Yes enabling the dma with -d1 and 32 bit with -c1 does make a lot of
difference.

btw using the -T and -t options will perform some benchmarks which will
be useful to show you the diferences before and after the changes you made
.

Best Wishes,
Grendel

--
| /"__ ._ _  _  _| _ |`- grendel lintux cx -'(]__/|| |

ProZilla, the new Download Accelerator for Linux (GPL),
<http://www.lintux.cx/~kalum/prozilla.html>