Re: Win2000 and Samba

If you are using Win2000 for your PDC, you will need to run it in
mixed or legacy mode.  Can NT clients join the domain?

That error message is usually the result of not creating a
workstation account before trying the "smbpasswd -j".  Make
sure the machine name matches the account as well.
Also, check the "password server" setting in smb.conf.
Either list your PDC for it, or "*", which should find the
PDC for the domain (as defined by the "workgroup" in smb.conf).

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com