Re: Win2000 and Samba

Oops, I forgot to answer these points...

Matthew Halliday wrote:

> - Do I need to change anything else in smb.conf other than domain
> settings?

Depends on what you want to do.  To start serving shares?  No.
To configure other options, shares, or printers?  Sure.

> - Can I leave all the share settings as they are or do I need to
> open them up a bit since Win2000 controls the access?

What share settings are you concerned about opening up?

> - I take it I don't need the logon script any more.

Not if you're just a file server, no.

> - Do I leave encrypted passwords as 'yes'?

Yes, I believe so.

> - Anything I may have forgotten?

Nothing on the Samba end comes to mind.

	- Kevin Colby