Re: MySQL Problem

There is the MySQL daemon and also a client (terminal based) that you can use. Personally this is the route I take. At the command prompt you can type the following:

mysql -u jack -p database
Enter your password:

Where jack is your username you made for login and database is the database you want to use. For example, if you havev a user carl and carl has a database called messages. The example would then look like this:

mysql -u carl -p messages
Enter your password:

This is ONLY the database and does not reflect the tables listed within. Have a look at www.devshed.com for more information on mysql and commands you can use. This is a good place to learn. You can also try www.mysql.com for help regarding this.

Peter Robie
Email: rewt onedotslash com
Owner / WebMaster - OneDotSlash.com
Documentation is the castor oil of programming.
Managers know it must be good because their
programmers hate it so much.