Re: highlighting in Vi

Tyler Nally wrote:

> The only one of these that deal with searching is "incsearch".  To turn
> any command off, all you have to do is prepend a "no" before the attribute
> and it'll be turned off.  For this one, it'd be:
>
>:noincsearch

Oooooops!  Almost right.  It shouldda been:

     :set noincsearch

Which I did get get it right once below when I wrote this:

> Besides the paragraph of information, we see there are aliases to the
> setting "incsearch" being "is" and "noincsearch" is "nois".  So, if you
> wanted to turn this attribute/setting off, you could also enter:

>:set nois

All of these commands are changed with the "set" command while in vi/vim
or likewise the "set" command as placed in the $HOME/.exrc or $HOME/.vimrc
files.

Whew!

Thought I was loosing it for a second there ;-)

Tyler
| Tyler Nally                Sr Programmer Analyst          phone 317.817.7077 |
| tnally iquest net          InformIT.com                     fax 317.817.7232 |
| tyler nally informit com   Macmillan USA Inc.             voice 317.261.4700 |
|                            Indianapolis, IN 46290                   ext.7777 |
|    "It said ... `Requires Windows 95 or better' ... so I installed Linux"    |