Password protected folders in Apache

Hi all,

I run 4 IP based virtual Hosts on my Apache server ver 1.3.12
I have 2 password protected folders in the Docroot directory
of one of the hosts..

I wanted to add another passworded folder to another of my vhosts
I added the following lines to my httpd.conf

 <Directory "/home/virtualssl/testing/www/editboard">
 AllowOverride AuthConfig
 AuthName "MYBOARD"
 AuthType Basic
 AuthUserFile /home/wwwssl/boarddb/userfile
 Order deny,allow
 Deny from all
 Allow from 192.168.1.
 </Directory>

created .htaccess in ../editboard and a userfile in ../boarddb using
../apache/bin/htpasswd -c ...... as
I'd done before ...

However when I try to access http:/testing/editboard/ I get the following
message in my browser

---------apache message---
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /editboard/ on this server.

----

Apache/1.3.12 Server at testing.adventus.cxm Port 80

which is exactly the same message that I get for my /cgi-bin/ ditrectory ...

What could be going wrong ?

Regards

Anurag