Re: MS Exchange Client

I use Linux in a corporate invironment, and Netscape to get to my
exchange server.  IMAP is available to me, so I use that to keep my mail
on the exchange server, while reading and composing mail using
linux/netscape.

The biggest drawbacks are:
1. No public address book availability.  My company is in the midst of a
directory deployment, and that problem should be resolved once that is
in place.
2. No calendaring support - Netscape doesn't know how to deal with
Exchange calendars
3. Stability.  For some reason, every few days my Netscape will give me
the message "invalid something something in FETCH command" and I need to
restart Netscape.
4. I can't view "archives" because of the proprietary format that
Outlook uses.

Another option is to use IMAP support from StarOffice.  That works, too.

Finally, take a look at HelixGnome - they're working hard on an Outlook
replacement.  http://www.helixcode.com/apps/evolution.php3

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Tom Cooper